Natty Tip on HEALTHY HAIR GROWTH
Hola Chicas/Chicos..I pray all is well with everyone!!
I thought I would drop in and give the scoop on the question I receive quite often, which is 'How do you get your hair to grow so quickly?' Well, I can tell ya one thing..I don't take vitamins, I don't apply any miracle serum and my own products do not contain magical ingredients that would cause my hair to grow any quicker than what it is naturally intended to grow given that I give it a healthy environment to grow in.
So without further ado, Let's recap Natural Hair and HEALTHY GROWTH.. Now, keep in mind, hair grows at a rate of about 1/4-1/2 INCH per month. The rate of our hair growth is determined by a few things, a few are: genetics, diet, and how we treat our hair overall. If we give our hair a nice platform/environment to grow, it will grow. Here's some tips that ensure healthy hair growth, which is the main importance..HEALTHY
MY HEALTHY HAIR TIPS:
(1)KEEP THE SCALP CLEAN . Applying large amounts of oils and butters only clog the pores on our scalp. Our scalp produces natural oils and many times it has an over production or does not produce as much due to a few things. (a) Years of being clogged using clog poring ingredients (silicones, mineral oil, petroleum, oils, butters). (b) lack of water intake..It's very important that we drink plenty of water (c) Improper diet. Certain foods can have allergic reactions in our bodies and many times,we do not know it unless we keep a journal of foods that cause us to have reactions on our scalp, you will normally see scalp issues such as dermatitis, psoriasis, etc (dairy is known to be a major culprit, but not the only culprit)...Ok, so back on track, be sure to keep the scalp clean and healthy. Making sure to thoroughly cleanse at least once per month using a clarifying cleanser and herbal, tea or acv rinses and co-washing..So again, keep the scalp clean, it's a living breathing organ and is easily clogged which causes it to malfunction
(2) PROPER DIET AND WATER INTAKE IS IMPORTANT: Again. Proper diet, Exercise and good water intake. Exercise is an excellent way to get blood circulation flowing which encourages healthy hair growth.
(3) MOISTURE. Be sure to keep the hair moisturized properly. A wonderful way that has ensured that my tresses stay moisturized is..First, apply water or a water based product to the hair...Then, apply a butter or oil to lock/seal in the moisture.
(4) TRIMMING/DUSTING: Trim hair when needed. Because our ends can make or break our hair, it is of the utmost importance to keep them hydrated and trimmed when needed.
(5) HIH (HAND IN HAIR SYNDROME). Try at all possible to keep hands out of hair. I know we love love love our natural and want to rub on it, or our significant other loves to rub on it, but this can cause friction which leads to breakage. If it helps, keep hair in protective styles such as twists or braids/plaits, buns (not too often) so it's less tempting to caress our tresses.
(6) PRODUCTS JUNKY-ISM. Try, if possible, to remain faithful to a few products..When we indulge in many products, we have a harder time to know what may or may not create an issue with our hair. Giving a product time to work is one of the best ways to know if a product is truly working for your hair. What I have found for myself and other naturals who have achieved healthy hair and awesome growth is that we are faithful to the products we use and usually don't succumb to product junkyism..as tempting as it is. (some awesome women who have achieved wonderful healthy hair and use very minimal products besides me (wink) are Naptural85, Chime with Hair Crush, Pam with Koils by Nature)
(7) NIGHT PROTECTION. Protect your hair at night with a satin scarf, bonnet or satin pillowcase, whichever works best for you
(8) Document your journey..Pictures are an awesome way to see your growth. Because we see ourselves daily, it's hard to see our growth. On those days, weeks, months that I wasn't sure my hair was growing, I would look back on pics and see the growth. Those of us who have FB pages, we love for you to post your pics to our page..then revisit those pages a month or two later and look at those pics again.
(9) USE HEAT SPARINGLY OR NOT AT ALL. The use of heat can create a host of issues on the hair. So if at all possible, use as sparingly as possible and should you choose to use heat, be sure to use on clean hair and apply a heat protectant each time.
(10) Patience..No matter how many products promise this, that or the third, hair grows at the rate that it is naturally designed to grow..Have patience, love it, nourish it and take care of it and it will grow..but more importantly it will grow healthy!!
If you love it..It will Grow..Healthy!!
..Have a Happy Natty Day!!!
**Where to find: Tee that I'm rocking is available at Tangles And Beyond
Earrings available at www.nappylife.com